Again (I’m feeling like a broken record), this post is way over due. You know, life happens blah blah blah.
I’ve been asked quite a bit when it’s time to develop a social media strategy. I think this is a hard question for most folks to answer for a few reasons-
- Face it, social media is hot right now. Marketers generally fall into the “oh man that sounds cool I want to do it” crowd without really understanding all of the moving components.
- The criteria is fuzzy.
- There is so much social media buzz around new products and techniques that it’s hard to know what to use or even if it’s worth a marketers time.
So, with that said I wanted to touch upon some of the points of when it’s time. I’m going to break this up into posts throughout the week to address three key reasons to use social media. To know if it’s worth you’re time coming back, here are the reasons:
- You’ve maxed out traffic from other marketing channels
- Your brand needs to look cool and trendy
- There is a community that has a lifestyle around the product or service you offer.
With that said, there are lots and lots of additional reasons why it could be the right time to use social media. This is a sample of some of the reasons why we’ve been able to develop great relationships and communities online, but like all things digital, there is a constant evolution adding new reasons and applications into the mix.
I’m going to be writing about this topic for the next week or so, stay tuned!